Mediation is appropriate only when each party can:
- speak for himself or herself.
- reach & carry out agreements.
You should consider hearings in court (rather than Mediation) when there has been:
- a Personal Protection Order (PPO).
- child abuse or neglect.
- domestic violence.
fear, force, violence or intimidation used by one party against the other.
If any of these “red flags” apply to your situation, please call:
- YWCA Domestic Crisis & Counseling Center (616.459.4681 or 616.451.2744)
- Kent County PPO Clerk (616.632.5067), or your local circuit court clerk
- National Domestic Violence Hotline (800.799.7233)